The Thymus chakra is a considered to be the root of love, compassion and peace. So what are the thymus chakra opening symptoms? What happens when your thymus chakra is unbalanced, and how can you balance it? Find out more!
Chakras are the energy centers in the astral body, along the spine. We talk about mainly seven chakras that radiate a different colors and energy. Chakras coincide with glands of the physical body, and one such gland is the thymus.
When activated, the thymus chakra, associated with the thymus gland, ignites deep feelings of love, peace, and compassion towards oneself and others.
However, our world is precisely the opposite of what an open thymus chakra makes you feel. So, how to open the thymus chakra? What are the thymus chakra opening symptoms, and how to keep the energy of this chakra balanced?
This article tries to answer the above questions. So, take your time as you read it and know how incredible our subtle body truly is.
Thymus Chakra – Location and Function
The thymus chakra is also known as the ‘seat of the soul’ in the subtle body as it is believed to be the gateway to higher consciousness. It is located between the heart chakra and throat chakra – about two inches below the V of the collar bone – thus, also referred to as the higher heart chakra.
The thymus chakra is associated with inner peace, pure love, clarity, and compassion. Those who achieve balance in their thymus chakra can easily show empathy towards themselves and, thus, others.
The primary function of the thymus chakra is to allow you to express your truth without holding anything back. In other words, those with open thymus chakra can vocally express their emotions (negative or positive) to others.
Moreover, the thymus chakra gives us an extraordinary ability to connect with others and establish robust relationships with them.
Signs that your thymus chakra is open
The thymus chakra, like the pineal gland, is well-developed in children. However, as they grow up, emotions like jealousy and hatred start shrinking. Only when we have a spiritual awakening, do we understand how our truth is different from reality and go deeper to understand ourselves.
Here are some signs to help you understand whether your thymus chakra is open or not –
- One of the most common thymus chakra opening symptoms is that you feel unconditional love and compassion for humanity. It is the end of ego, and the space is filled with pure love.
- You become more accepting of yourself and the world at large.
- You can understand and express your emotions without malice or disrespect.
- You feel deeply connected to your higher self and collective consciousness.
- You become a powerful manifester. Sometimes, you manifest a desire within a day or even minutes. It is because you open your heart to receive.
- You find inner peace and thus, remain grateful for everything you have.
- You feel connected to your higher self and thus, have a higher perspective on life. You are then also related to your higher purpose.
If you have an open thymus chakra, you will display all heart chakra opening symptoms.
The physical thymus – how does it function?
The thymus gland or the endocrine gland, a part of the lymphatic system, is located in the upper chest between the lungs and is responsible for maintaining a healthy immune system.
The thymus function include production of white blood cells, known as T leukocytes or T lymphocytes, that protect our bodies from pathogens and thus, keep us healthy.
It produces all the T-cells by the time we reach teenage years, and as we grow older, the thymus starts to shrink. Thus, it becomes quite challenging for adults to keep their heart chakra or thymus chakra open later.
Signs You Have an Overactive Thymus Chakra
If your thymus chakra is overactive, you will lose your sense of practicality. You will become over-compassionate, so loving others might leave you hurting. It will be difficult for you to express your emotions to others, positive or negative.
For instance, people with overactive thymus chakra feel responsible for the happiness or sadness of other people. Thus, they become over-givers and people pleasers.
A person with overactive thymus chakra taps into dreams of others without being a mere spectator. In other words, they start experiencing other people’s goals as their own.
Some of the physical symptoms of an overactive thymus chakra include anxiety, impatience, fear of losing someone, nervousness, difficulty forgiving oneself and others, rigidness and intolerance towards others, etc
Signs You Have an Underactive Thymus Chakra
The most common symptom of an underactive thymus chakra is the inability to express one’s authentic emotions. A person with an underactive thymus chakra will lack compassion and self-acceptance.
They would lose opportunities and will not be able to keep up with the track of time. They usually feel betrayed, hurt or bitter towards others and themselves.
People with auto-immune disorders tend to have an underactive thymus chakra since they subconsciously attack themselves during times of adversity. They are scared to face difficult situations and usually allow others to tread on them, thus having weak boundaries.
People with underactive thymus chakra are usually stubborn, isolated, and angry.
How To Balance and Maintain Our Thymus
To maintain your thymus or any other chakra, it is essential to allow the free flow of life energy. To enable the flow, you should know how to unblock a chakra, and the following suggestions will help you with the same.
- Practice yoga, tai-chi, or physical exercise to keep the flow of energy through your chakras. It is recommended to practice asanas that open your heart/chest muscles.
- Perform guided meditation with the help of a energy healer with awareness of the thymus chakra.
- Deep breathing exercises help in opening your chest muscles.
- Journal every day to remove the unwanted emotions from your heart and mind.
- Use crystals to remove negative energy from the thymus chakra. Kyanite, a high-energy stone, is used to heal the heart chakra and works equally well on the thymus chakra.
- You can also seek the help of EFT (emotional freedom techniques) therapists to get rid of stuck emotions in your body. It will benefit your thymus chakra and the overall functioning of the body.
- Get your astral or subtle body to cleanse through pranic healing, stone healing, reiki healing, etc. Once a month would be enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it feel like when a chakra opens?
When a chakra opens, you will initially feel tingling in the nerves, followed by displeasure in terms of emotions. All the stuck emotions start coming to the surface to get cleared. All you have to do is surrender to them, allow yourself to feel the pain and sadness, cry if you must, and then allow them to release.
Once the cleansing process is complete, your chakra will start spinning and allow divine energy to flow. When the chakra is opened completely, you will feel unconditional and infinite love and compassion flowing in and out. The feeling cannot be expressed in words, and one needs to experience it for themselves to understand it.
What chakra is associated with the thymus?
The thymus is usually associated with the chakra of the same name, the thymus chakra. However, the thymus chakra is located right above the heart chakra. So, many people also associate it with the heart or ‘anahat’ chakra.
A Few Final Words
We hope that this little article helped you learn something about the thymus as a gland and chakra. It is a spiritual gift to incline to learn about chakra – it means that you are aware of your higher self and purpose.
It also means that you have the potential to reach the state of pure consciousness called ‘samadhi’ in the Sanskrit language. Thus, it is recommended that if you are intentional about healing your chakras, start with your practice today!