In Search of Smaller, Part 3

So, I lost seven pounds at Disney World.

SEVEN FUCKING POUNDS.

At first I thought it was water weight because I basically sweat until my clothing was dripping each time I ventured out of the hotel, but it hasn’t come back since I’m home, so YEE HA!

This brings me to a total loss of twenty pounds since mid-March, with another twenty lost back in October/November. So around forty total. Which is awesome. Clothes in the back of the closet are now wearable (no, not THOSE clothes, not yet), everything fits better.

I did have to go and get new bras because my last “good” bra broke while at Disney (by doing that thing where you’re walking and all of a sudden you’re like “what’s poking my chin?” and it’s your fucking underwire so then you have to pull it out, because try as you might, it will NOT go back in and then you walk around Disney World with one boob a bit more saggy than the other). I was shocked to find that not only had I lost four inches around my chest, but my cup size (sob!) dropped from a DD to a motherfucking C. Which sucks, because, well, BOOBS ARE AWESOME.

Here’s my progress so far. Below is a picture from last May on the left, from December in the middle, and from today.

progress2

I’m particularly fond of how the exercise has actually made my butt HIGHER. As Dresden said to me today, BODANKADONK.

I’m pretty happy with my progress so far, but there’s a long way to go. I have kept on tracking my food although I took a breather while on vacation. When I got home I didn’t give myself time to pause; just went right back to the gym and started tracking again while stocking the fridge with fruit and veggies.

But again, what’s most noticeable to me is the fact that I feel a million times better. I cannot imagine how much Disney would have sucked if I hadn’t spent some time working on getting in better physical shape before I went; there is SO MUCH walking there. As it was I struggled with an awkward problem (TMI alert, although do I really need to say that? My whole blog is TMI): inner thigh fucking chafing, or chub rub. I didn’t realize that my shorts and skorts had gotten bigger enough that they fit in such a way that my inner thighs touch. After the first day, I could have started a fucking fire down there. Sheesh. All the usual tricks (deodorant, powder, etc) didn’t keep it from continuing to happen, alas. But in the good news column, I now have a nice callus and probably won’t have to worry about it for the summer! So, yeah?

Anyways. Onward!

If you are looking for more Cecily, I wrote about the unexpected ways the Cinderella story has effected me over at The Uppercase Lowdown, and I also tackled the “new” Merida makeover controversy.

Part 1 of in search of smaller is here. Part 2 is here.

Button_Cecily_350

Comments

1. Debbie says

Good for you Cecily! And, not to be weird, but, the butt-lift is *really* obvious…nice work!

Bike shorts under the dresses! I am medium-ish sized but with chunky thighs, and I always joke that I don’t wear corduroy pants for fear of attracting amorous crickets!

2. baltimoregal says

super sensitive skin heat-rash lady here.
    Monistat Soothing Care Powder Gel. It works. It’s a relatively inexpensive silicone based- cream and I swear by it.

3. Kellie says

Great job! 40 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Keep it up. (especially the exercise and healthy eating part)

4. 4katnap says

All that walking is great for losing weight. As for the chub rub, As much as I hate them wear panty hose. The thighs rub hose on hose and the skin is protected. Powder does nothing for me. They also let the sweat dry better.

40 lbs is awesome. I can see why you might think water at first but all the walking is great exercise and being busy enough to not have time to snack doesn’t hurt.

Glad to see such a great and happy post from you.

I am so impressed. There is nothing harder than losing weight. Ok, so there are harder things, but this is pretty damn hard and you’re doing it in a way that will work but can be extra-pain in the ass-ish. (An extra high ass, but still.)
    Anyway, rock on with your seven pound loss and I can’t wait to see the next set of pictures.
    Oh, and not that I know, but I might know Vaseline works wonders for hot day thigh issues.

Good for you! My wife and I are getting ready to start TTC next month, and I KNOW I need to get my ass moving and lose a few lbs. I’m in for a miserable pregnancy if I don’t. (Fingers crossed.) Even if I don’t lose weight, I need to at least try to get in better shape. Sigh…

Well done! I gained at WDW…even with all the walking I guess I went a little nuts at the catering table and park treats. I too am back to tracking and the gym since leaving the castle. A 7 lb. loss is kick ass!

8. Rebekah says

Long-time reader, infrequent poster here who just had to say how incredibly happy for you I am. I’ve lost 40 lbs this last year so I KNOW EXACTLY how much better you feel and that is freakin’ awesome!! It’s truly mind-boggling to me how much better I feel sometimes, so THAT is what makes me so happy for you. I’m SO happy that you’re feeling so good! (And it’s not specifically the weight-loss that feels so good in my experience at least, because I started feeling great only 15 lbs in, honestly.) Here’s to kicking butt and to your continued health! Rock on, mama!

Yay! Go you, that is great. Also I am taking notes on the rubbing prevention suggestions here because, US southeast, summer, humidity …

10. Anonymous says

Forty pounds is amazing! Good for you!

For bras, check Catherine’s. They have sales where their $34.99 bras go on sale for $14.99. There is often a $10 coupon in the paper or a printable coupon as well, so just a few weeks ago I got three bras for the price of one. I have never gone into a store where the ladies aren’t completely nice and sympathetic, and it was much less embarrassing than I thought to be fitted properly.

OMG, the chub rub. Why do we all suffer from it and never talk about it? Bike shorts help, though it’s best if you can get the kind without a seam on the inner thigh since that will chafe. There’s a product called Body Glide that you can get at any sporting good store. It looks like a solid deodorant, but it’s made of silicone. Runners use it in all sorts of places to prevent chafing.

Since you already said it I was thinking the same thing when I saw the last picture- your butt! It’s higher! One of the perks about working out. Though I do love how you mention how much better you feel. To me, that is why I do it. I love that it makes my life easier to handle. Sure, I’m stronger but I feel better emotionally and mentally too. GO YOU!!!!

I’ve lost 75 lbs over the last year or so. I like all the compliments, the way I look etc., but honestly the best part is being able to do things that were a struggle before- like take the stairs. I feel so light as I walk up stairs that I’m kind of stunned sometimes. I don’t feel out of breath at the top. I kind of feel like I could float. It’s kind of amazing to feel better physically, isn’t it?

14. Lydia says

Fab pics to go with fab progress, hope you are feeling the benefits in lots of ways :) your boobs are also perkier and on better display (and like the poster above says, it’s all relative.. measure back size + measure boob size. the theory is 2″ bigger = A cup, 4″ bigger B etc.. so as your back size decreases your cup size will increase relative again!)

15. Seana says

I’m very happy for you! I got to get going with doing what you are doing. Time to get healthier. Keep up the great work!

Good for you, that’s awesome! I’m overweight and pregnant with my first at the moment and I was lamenting to a friend how much I want to wear dresses this summer but the inner thigh chaffing is just horrible. She recommended Lady’s Monkey Butt Powder (for inner thighs not just rears) to me and I just ordered some to try. I’m hoping it does the trick and I can start wearing sundresses because it’s going to be a very large, long, hot (no A/C) summer here in Southern California for me.

17. Stephanie says

Way to go in the 40 lbs!! That is awesome. Chub rub-now you know why I like easy breezy linen pants/capris, and don’t do skirts/shorts. I do have an anti chafing gel – Care Powder Gel by Monistat. It works really well, and lasts hours!

18. Shelley says

Congratulations on the weight loss, and for making what sounds like a really healthy lifestyle change!

FWIW – I’m a slender person who often has problems with inner thigh chafing – may not be the same affliction but I thought I’d mention it. (Seems to be worse in my case with loose shorts or anything where there are seams that rub against the skin – with skirts I do okay). I’ve had some success with anti-fungal creams when it’s at its worst.